Visited on: March 31, 2018
Thiru Naraiyur is situated at a distance of about 9 kms from Kumbakonam on the Kumbakonam to Nachiyar Koil route. Naraiyur is in the outskirts of Nachiyar Koil.
Other Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams near this place are – Kalayanallur, Karukkudi, Sivapuram, Kudavasal, Thirucherai, Arisirkarai Puthur, Penu Perunthurai, Thalaiyalangaadu, Peruvelur, Karaveeram, Nalur Mayanam, Kaduvaikarai Puthur (Andankoil) and Thiru Kollamputhur.
|Moolavar||Sri Siddhanatheswarar, Sri Vedeswarar, Sri Ramanatha Swamy|
|Ambal||Sri Azhakammai, Sri Soundarya Nayaki, Sri Parvathavarthini|
|Theertham (Holy water)||Soola Theertham, Jada Theertham, Sidhamirtha Theertham, Kadika Theertham|
|Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree)||Pavazha Malligai (a jasmine variety)|
|Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by||Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)|
- This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 65th Shiva Sthalam on the Southern bank of the river Cauveri in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
- Lord Shiva in this temple is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested).
- This is Goddess Mahalakshmi’s “Avathara” Sthalam.
- This west facing temple has two corridors and its main tower (Rajagopuram) has 5-tiers.
- The last consecration ceremony (Kumbabishekam) took place on 13.12.1999.